Cannot delete template DCI from node

Started by abkulakli, October 17, 2019, 08:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abkulakli

Hello,

I have two <<TABLE>> DCI's coming from a template but shown as <unknown> in Template column for nodes. I could not manage to find where it come from. I also could not delete it (I mean I can delete it bu it reappears some time later). Can you help me what might be wrong or How can a manually delete that DCI.

I am currently using ver 3.0 but the problem exists for a while (on ver 2.2 also).

Regards,
Burak

Filipp Sudanov

Hello!

DCIs coming from templates if deleted on a node, are restored after some time, since the system periodically reapplies templates. So to delete a DCI coming from template, you have to delete it from that template (or unbind that template from that node and make sure there is no autoapply rule for that template).
If you open Data Collection Configuration for your node, on the right hand side in that table should be column Table. In that could you should see the template from where a given DCI is coming.

abkulakli

Thank you.

True. I can see all the origin templates (Like Templates/Operating Systems/Windows) but except for those two. They say <unknown> in the Template column. That's why I could not find the template.

Filipp Sudanov

Ok. It means that you don't the user under which you are logged in has no access rights to that template. This could also happen due to some errors in the database, in that case you can try to login under user system, by setting password for that user in configuration -> user manager. It's possible that under system user that template will be visible.
The other thing you can try to do is stop netxms server and launch nxdbmgr check

abkulakli

Thanks,

After log in with system user, I've found the template and deleted it.