Cannot read measurement unit information: Illegal repetition

Started by cbwecomm, June 11, 2023, 12:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwecomm

I've been able to figure out how to poll a lot of information from SNMP, but as I'm trying to dump this into dashboards, I'm receiving the following error:

Cannot read measurement unit information: Illegal repetition near index 28
.1.3.6.1.4.1.41112.1.4.7.1.3.{instance}

Some google searching reveals that the java implementation of regex requires \\ before the { however with various attempts/changes and more searching, I'm not finding anything that works and doesn't break what I already have working :-)

Since I don't quite know what I'm doing, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the script in Instance Discovery, or if there is a bug of some sort when building dashboards, that doesn't like an SNMP OID that references {instance}. 

cbwecomm

Sadly, I think I understand what's happening here... and this just isn't possible. 

Am I correct?   

Is there any way to define a DCI and then, also, tell it to ignore the last n characters of the OID based on the context?

cbwecomm

Oh.   *facepalm*  I just drop the {instance} and it matches the DCI for the node... haha.  

Filipp Sudanov

Yes, {} characters are interpreted as part of regular expression. These fields will be renamed, e.g. "DCI name regular expression" to give more understanding.