auto map

Started by [email protected], December 08, 2012, 11:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Hi
i am using version 1.2.4, i discovered many snmp switches but when i tried to create auto map and selected the seed node nothing was done, it only display the seed node, what's the problem ?
other point, in some switches i got the switches doesn't support layer2 discovery, who Netxms know if the switch have this feature or not ?
in the case of cascade port in the switch the console only display one MAC address, are there any way to tell the console that this is cascade port and can have many MAC that it have to display them ?
best regards

SKYnv

Quote from: [email protected] on December 08, 2012, 11:56:55 AM
Hi
i am using version 1.2.4, i discovered many snmp switches but when i tried to create auto map and selected the seed node nothing was done, it only display the seed node, what's the problem ?
other point, in some switches i got the switches doesn't support layer2 discovery, who Netxms know if the switch have this feature or not ?
in the case of cascade port in the switch the console only display one MAC address, are there any way to tell the console that this is cascade port and can have many MAC that it have to display them ?
best regards
enable any discovery protocol. CDP or LLDP.

[email protected]

I am using DLINK and TRENDENT switch, i didn't find any configuration for LLDP !

SKYnv

Quote from: [email protected] on December 08, 2012, 02:05:19 PM
I am using DLINK and TRENDENT switch, i didn't find any configuration for LLDP !
\
models?

[email protected]

(trendent) TGE-240WS and SMC8612XL3 (SMC) and DES-6500 (DLINK).
please also how to configure switch port as cascade (not trunk) so the console display all the MAC addresses for this port.
thx

SKYnv

Quote from: [email protected] on December 08, 2012, 03:51:52 PM
(trendent) TGE-240WS and SMC8612XL3 (SMC) and DES-6500 (DLINK).
please also how to configure switch port as cascade (not trunk) so the console display all the MAC addresses for this port.
thx
seems TGE-240WS, DES-6500 and SMC8612XL3 does not support any auto discovery protocols.
i can't find it in their specs.
Create your maps manually.

[email protected]

Ok thanks,
when i try to do layer2 topology for each switch i get the schema for almost of them, but i have problem with the cascade ports, in fact the schema show on pcs in the second switch as node connected to this port, are there way to configure port as casacde ?