Cisco CBS switches driver

Started by troffasky, May 31, 2022, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troffasky

Cisco CBS series switches are the successor to the Cisco Small Business series switches.
I think it would probably make sense to use CISCO-SB driver for these switches.
Do you want some snmpwalk output or similar to help add support for these switches to the CISCO-SB driver?

Filipp Sudanov

Is there any chance that you could provide remote access to such a device to our developers? That would be the easiest way to develop the driver.

troffasky

Not at this time unfortunately as they belong to customers and are deployed on customer sites. When I get one in my hands I will provide access.

Dawid Kellerman

Hi troffasky
Possibly share with your supplier many will make a loan unit if the device is not to expensive.
Regards Dawid

Filipp Sudanov

But how it goes currently, it gets detected with CISCO-GENERIC driver?

You can actually force CISCO-SB by setting custom attribute snmp.driver to CISCO-SB. If so, would all information get collected correctly or would there be any issues?

troffasky

The driver is detected as GENERIC and the Node type is Unknown.
But...it actually does an OK job anyway as GENERIC as it finds the name/version/Serial, so I think this is really just a cosmetic issue.
I have overridden the driver with the CISCO-SB one and done a configuration (full) poll.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Does it report VLANs correctly with GENERIC driver? If not, does forcing CISCO-SB helps?

VLAN information is most common place where custom driver is required.

Best regards,
Victor

troffasky

Yes, the VLANs are reported against the switchports correctly with both GENERIC and CISCO-SB driver [here I am discussing CBS350-24FP-4X].
The "Location" field is no longer populated once switching to CISCO-SB. I think this is not a problem, with GENERIC it shows the location as "0/1/0/29" for interface te1/0/1, I am not sure that location is correct.