Cluster Monitoring Questions

Started by Dani@M3T, January 14, 2015, 12:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani@M3T

We just built up a new storage cluster which we want to monitor by NetXMS. So I created a cluster object and 2 nodes. Unfortunately the Section 'Monitoring Clusters' is still not available in the administration guide. So I have a few questions:

• Where can I see the 'Last Values' of cluster object DCIs (associated to cluster ressources or not)? In 'Object Details' of the cluster object 'Last Values' is empty.
  • There is no 'Performance' tab in Object Details of cluster objects
  • Will the Admin Guide section for Cluster be published soon?
  • in 'Data Collection Configuration' of cluster objects it would be good to have a column 'Cluster Ressource' in the table
  • DCIs on Cluster Object with no associated cluster ressource will be polled to which IP address?
  • How can we use templates for cluster objects? The problem is the name of the cluster ressource to associate. Assign templates to cluster nodes directly, thats clear.
  • What is the meaning of 'Cluster Networks' in cluster object properties?

Thansk for any help.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

1. In Last Values for cluster you will see only those DCIs that are marked for aggregation (see Cluster property page of DCI) - and for them you'll see aggregated value (for example, average COU usage for cluster nodes).

2. Yes, it's not implemented yet.

3. Yes, it will be published soon. It is in my short TODO list.

4. Agree.

5. Cluster DCI configuration works like a template that is applied to all cluster nodes. So any DCI without resource association will be collected on each node.

6. Currently it's not possible to create template with cluster resource binding. I'll think how it could be implemented.

7. Interfaces on cluster nodes with addresses belonging to cluster networks excluded from network topology. It is quite common setup when multiple clusters has identical IP addresses on interconnect links.

Best regards,
Victor