Compile NetXMS server for Windows

Started by Sch.Donat, February 13, 2022, 06:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sch.Donat

Hi!

I can't seem to find information about this. What is the procedure to compile NetXMS server for Windows? I know that there is a .sln file, but do I have to have some compiler configurations set in a specific way if I want to have a result that is most similar to the distributed server binary?

Thanks in advance!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you need Visual Studio 2017, and some precompiled 3rd party libraries: OpenSSL, libssh, libmosquitto, libcurl, database client libraries. You should add those libraries to include path and library path of Visual Studio. You will also need flex, bison, and perl in your path.
In general, setting up Windows build environment is much more complicated than Linux one, so if you have a choice, I'd really recommend going with Linux.

Best regards,
Victor

Sch.Donat

Hi!

Thanks for the info!

I can already see that it will be a long process.

By going with Linux you mean doing cross compile? I sadly need NetXMS on Windows, I have no say in that

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

no, not cross compile - just if you have a choice of platform then Linux is easier to work with.

Best regards,
Victor

Sch.Donat

Hi!

Is it safe to upgrade the Windows 7 SDK (change it to e. g. Windows 10 in the relevant projects)? For some reason (I don't know yet why) the Visual Studio's compiler gives me a lot of syntax errors from the SDK. Or maybe its a known issue is there any solution to this?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Sch.Donat

HI!

Just to let you know, I was able to compile it. Thanks for the help!