News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

server crash - 1.0.11

Started by lindeamon, August 10, 2011, 09:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

my server is always crashing and i do not know why.it runs on ibm x336 with 8gb ram and 60gb disk.i had this problem using both sqlite and then mysql.
i use a remote console and i leave it open all the time and when i get to work in the morning i see an unexpected termination.i have configured the service to restart itself when ever there is a problem but this is not a solution fit to an enterprise class software.
i have attached the error message i get from the server and i hope it will help solve the problem

10x
lindeamon

lindeamon

i forgot to say that i use windows 2003 R2 enterprise server with sp1

Victor Kirhenshtein

Most likely it is fixed already in 1.1.3. I'll do a backport to 1.0.x branch and roll out 1.0.12 this weekend.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hello victor

thank u for the quick response.
just to see if i understand correctly.u know what is the problem and by this weekend u will issue a stable version 1.0.12 which will solve my problem ?

thank u,
lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

To clarify - I'm not 100% sure that it will fix your problem, but recently I do the fix for problem with similar symptoms. So it is very likely that it's same problem. Actually, if you have mdmp files from the crash, you can send one to [email protected] so I can double check.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i do have the mdump but it is 900mb file and i can not send it to you for security reasons so i will just have to wait for the new release to see if it will solve my problem.

10x
lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Did you have a chance to test 1.0.12?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have installed the new version and i invoked the nxdbmgr command with the upgrade switch and it said everything is ok.
last night the server crashed again and the event viewer does not give me too much info.
i have configured the server to save a local log file rather then the event log and i have configured the windows service recovery options to restart the service everytime it crashes.
i have to tell u that it does not happen when i use the program.it happens sometime during the night and i see it when i come in the morning and the console tells me that the connection terminated unexpectedlly and when i try to reconnect it fails.the mysql server does not fail.
i will be out of the office for the rest of the weeked so i will be able to check the log file again then.
still i hope u will find what my problem is because i am begining to like this software a lot.

10x,
lindeamon

lindeamon

hello victor,

the problem still occurs and i have looked at the log file and there is no information about what is wrong.
what can i do ?
do you want me to run it in debug mode ?
do i have to have a special software installed ?
will it write any problem regarding the database ?

10x
lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have upgraded the server and the console to 1.0.12 and crashing still occurs.
i have enabled the debug mode and nothing there.
i have changed the startup debug level to 9 and hope it will give me a clue on what is the problem.
i have attached a screen shot with the latest event viewer info.

10x,
lindeamon