Critical Status

Started by gmonk63, July 29, 2022, 03:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

Is it possible to show critical status only when the node is actually down and not responding to ICMP or SNMP  ?  I have several switches that I have listed on maps and status maps that show critical only because a single port is down I would much rather show Minor or Major when a port goes down since for me  a port down is really not critical  if the switch still has connectivity. I have tried setting the status calculation on all ports to fixed major thinking that  would help but when the switch does go down it now will only show major and not critical

Thanks

Filipp Sudanov

Yes, if interface is down, it goes to critical (and there's currently no way to configure that severity). But we can affect the way how this status goes up to parent object (switch).

In properties of the switch node you can select Multiple thresholds status calculation. Put 100% to critical and 0 to Warning, Minor, Major. This means that only if 100% of child objects will go to critical, the node will become critical. So it should do the job.

You can also use smaller number there, e.g. if 50% of interfaces...

gmonk63

Got it makes sense... Thank you so much   I have been using netxms for over 4 years and I am still amazed how flexible this software is.