Dashboard elements not displaying decimals.

Started by chris.petree, September 15, 2017, 12:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris.petree

I understand that the dashboard elements won't display partial numbers. I have some custom attributes that go to the 1/1,000,000 so... 11.111111
The problem is that it seems if the custom attribute is anything but a whole number, it displays it as 0. What is available in the script maybe or something else to cast the attribute as an integer instead of a float? Or is there something in the dashboard configuration that could make this even simpler?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Dashboard elements expected to show floating point numbers as well. What elements exactly do not show them? Can you share screenshots of dashboard element configuration and result?

Best regards,
Victor

chris.petree

Hey Victor, I was messing with it yesterday, and that was actually the primary reason it wasn't working. I had the DCI set as a string instead of a float. I also found the reference to all of the math related commands as well. Like format(variable, 1, 2); So if the variable was 34.5731 the result would be 34.57. Works great. Currently, I think I'm all set in this area. Thanks.