DCI for Bits/s

Started by dragon2611, October 11, 2013, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon2611

Sorry if this is a Silly question I did search but didn't find the answer (Doesn't mean It's not here somewhere but more likely i'm just not very good with the search syntax  ;) )

What's the simplest way to create DCI's that operate in Bits rather than Bytes/s?

I know If I right click on an interface > Create DCI tick the ones for inbound/outbound traffic it creates a DCI fr Bytes/s
I can edit that DCI and apply a transform to change it into Bits /Sec which is great if I only want to do it for a single interface but it would become tiresome very fast if I wanted to do it for several interfaces.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Actually, there are no easy way to achieve what you want. You can do mass change using nxshell script, but it's not very easy anyway. I will add an option to "Create interface DCI" dialog to use bits instead of bytes (https://www.radensolutions.com/chiliproject/issues/390).

Best regards,
Victor

dragon2611

sohgnar

Dragon, If you're monitoring traffic and want to display the graphs in bits per second instead of bytes just add the following transformation

$1 * 8

That should do the trick. Just remember to update your legends so they are displaying mb/sec or something to that affect.

dragon2611

Quote from: sohgnar on October 30, 2013, 06:12:16 AM
Dragon, If you're monitoring traffic and want to display the graphs in bits per second instead of bytes just add the following transformation

$1 * 8

That should do the trick. Just remember to update your legends so they are displaying mb/sec or something to that affect.

Yep figured out how do to that, but I want to Create DCI's for multiple interfaces and didn't really fancy going into each one individually and making that change

sohgnar

Until they come out with a feature to do it automatically it's the only real way.

I've just been doing it by default as I add things.