DCI Tables

Started by LogicalNZ, February 17, 2020, 03:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LogicalNZ

Hey Team,

I'm a bit of a newbie but wanting a steer in the right direction, please. I started using manual single DCI's but soon came to the realisation there had to be a better way!

I then found DCI Tables (Very cool!), but are having issues making them behave as expected.

1. How do you execute a transformation based only of a single column of data? (Example I have a table called "interfaces" one for the columns is in Bytes-in (Octets), I need to transform to get bytes * 8?

2. When I create a single DCI interface for reading, Netxms nicely seems to list the correct multiplier (either K on M) it seems that when using a table this is not done. How to do you get the table to display as the single DCI would do?

with thanks

Tursiops

This forum post might help: https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/transformations-scripts-for-table-dci/

Note that K/M/G in NetXMS is base 1000, not 1024.

Depending on how you intend to use the data, you may want to look at templates and instance discovery instead of table DCIs. There should be plenty of examples in the forum for that (mostly for disk space utilisation and network interfaces).