DCI Tables - Columns with null values

Started by Tursiops, February 14, 2016, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tursiops

Hi,

I've been setting up some physical disk monitoring on DELL systems, which is working fine for the most part - except there are some systems which do not hold all data I'm querying for. Some disks don't provide the year of manufacture, some don't provide a part number. As those systems tend to have all the same disks, the result is that there is no entry at all for that column when queried via SNMP.
When that happens, NetXMS does not show a null value in the DCI table, but instead shows no data in the entire table at all - it is completely empty.
I can query all other fields directly via SNMP just fine, so I know most of the data exists.

Not sure if that's a bug (i.e. it should be showing everything and just display empty fields when it hits null) or something I should be scripting around.
However so far I haven't been very lucky using deleteRow and deleteColumn, nor did my attempts at switching the lack of a result to an empty string via transformation script work out. There's probably some more debugging I can do on that one - but I am not sure if this is expected behaviour to begin with?

Thanks

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

looks like a bug actually. Logical behaviour would be to insert empty values. I'll register this as a bug.

Best regards,
Victor