Determining {instance} for DCI Some.Parameter.ScalarValue(*)

Started by Hospital, September 09, 2019, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hospital

Probably that's a stupid question, but I still don't understand what to specify for DCI {instance}. How to find out these instances? Talking about NetXMS_agent as origin.

Okay, I understand FileSystem.FreePerc(/) or System.ServiceState(name_of_my_service).
What should I put, for example in Hardware.Processor.Family(*) ?

Tursiops

Unless you are looking for a very specific instance, you will want to use Instance Discovery.
In which case you'd configure your DCI using something like FileSystem.FreePerc({instance}) and under Instance Discovery you'd select Agent List as Instance discovery method followed by entering FileSystem.MountPoints as List name.
You can get a list of available agent lists by right-clicking on a node and selecting (I think) Info->Supported Lists. We've changed our menu structure, so not sure what the default is.
For your Hardware.Processor.Family(*), I'd guess the list to use is "Hardware.Processors" (taken from the supported lists on one of my agents).

The whole idea of Instance Discovery is that you don't need to enter every item manually. Nor do you have to worry about what happens when something changes, Instance Discovery runs regularly and will pick new items up and remove old ones (you can configure how long you want to keep the data once an item is no longer found).

Hospital

Thank you for giving really good directions:

Quote from: Tursiops on September 09, 2019, 02:51:06 PM
You can get a list of available agent lists by right-clicking on a node and selecting (I think) Info->Supported Lists.

Bingo. Then followed by nxget utility and I finally see the instances:

nxget -l my_host Hardware.Processors

Quote from: Tursiops on September 09, 2019, 02:51:06 PM
you will want to use Instance Discovery.

Yes, I completly agree. Just tested few simple things - it works!