Disabled ports having the circle symbol

Started by gn_cyborg, September 19, 2019, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_cyborg

Hi guys,

First of all, apologies as I am a complete and utter newbie to NetXMS and only just started using this at work.

We have a lot of manually and intentionally disabled ports in our networks and I am finding it a little bit inconvenient that these are flagging up as the switch icon has the red x. The ports are set to 'Expected state' DOWN, the ports 'Administrative State' and Oprtational State are both down and 'Status' as disabled but it still shows a rec circle with the line though (please see attached picture). If this an intended feature or by selecting other settings can I have this red circle to disappear and make it looks like a 'Normal' port?

One little observation I noticed is that when I right click on the interface, select 'Change interface expected status...' and change it to DOWN, the red circle disappears for about a minute, a question mark appears but then the red circle appears again. When I go back to 'Change interface expected status...' it's set as UP again, not DOWN which I changed previously. Is this normal?

Many thanks in advance!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

it is probably misleading choice of status icons. We have white cross on red circle to indicate port is down and red circle to indicate that it is disabled. Probably we could use something more gray colored to underscore that interface was disabled intentionally rather than has problem.

Best regards,
Victor

gn_cyborg

HI Victor,

Many thanks for your answer. I am so sorry, I found the solution for this and forgot all about this forum. I ended up setting the interface to not be monitored.

Kind Regards,