Disk.Used poll on UNC-Pathes isn't working with 64bit-Agent 1.1.0

Started by joel4321, March 16, 2011, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel4321

Good morning,

We are monitoring several netapp's with the Disk.Used DCI on UNC Pathes, it works like a charm. On our new win 2008 64bit servers we installed the 1.1.0 agent (tried also the newest one) and created the same dci, but unfortunenately it doesn't work on our 64bit systems.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know how we can solve or workaround the issue?

By the way: With the filesystem.used it neither works, it seems that UNC Pathes are not supported.

Thank you,

Joël

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I'll try to test this on my win2008 in a few days. Hard to tell something without tests.

Best regards,
Victor

joel4321

Hi Victor,

Yeah, I agree  ;)

Thanks for your investigation on that.

Best,

Joël

joel4321

Have you got any news?

We are still having this issue with agent version 1.1.5.
Be aware that we are still using the stable server version (v.1) in combination with the 64bit-agents.

best regards,

Joël

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Sorry for late reply. I finally do some tests on Windows 2008. Currently for me it looks like security issue - for example, agent running under local system account cannot access some shares, but if I run it under domain admin account, everything works fine.  Could you please check that account you are using for running agent service has appropriate rights to the shares you are trying to check?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

apparently the disk.used parameter did not show up when i listed the available parameters of an agent,why is that ?
wasn't the tool "supported parameters" suppose to show me that ? if it wasn't for this post i would have never known that there are parameters that are enabled but not listed.
this help me a lot cause instead of creating a startup script for mapping a drive and then check it now i am free to apply this check on any agent i want.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

All Disk.* names are deprecated and replaced with appropriate FileSystem.* parameters (so Disk.Used became FileSystem.Used). Agent still support old names to maintain compatibility with already configured DCIs, but did not report them as supported to encourage users to use new naming.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i will give this a try cause i think i have tried it before and it did not worked.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon