News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Duplicate Node generated

Started by gmonk63, February 11, 2016, 06:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

I have a layer 3 switch that has several vlan interfaces and netxms has created a new node for each vlan interface  so I have  six nodes all named  L3SWITCH_TEST  and each node has all the same interfaces duplicated the only thing that is different from each node is the id and primary host name which is the vlan interface ip.

Is there a way to prevent netxms from creating all these unnecessary nodes? or does it even matter  ?  I just dont want multiple duplicated checks on the same switch

Thanks

gmonk63

forgot to mention version is 2.0.1

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

could you please send me list of switch interfaces with IP addresses (as shown on "Interfaces" tab) and screenshot of "Overview" tab?

Best regards,
Victor

gmonk63

here you go ... Since then I have tried multiple times to just delete this switch and is keeps coming back  the server has become quite unstable since adding these two switches SuperX East and SuperX West they are both the same type of foundry switch

Victor Kirhenshtein

And what is in primary node name field on those duplicate switches?

Best regards,
Victor

gmonk63

The primary node name was automatically set to the IP of each vlan interface

Victor Kirhenshtein

Seems to be a serious bug then. Could you please provide output of commands

nxadm -c "show ind nodeaddr"
nxadm -c "show ind interface"

(only lines with IP addresses related to that switch).

Best regards,
Victor

gmonk63

I think this may have been just a weird glitch ..I noticed that only one switch was being duplicated and not the other I deleted the switch and did a db check which found lots of errors that were fixed and added the offending switch  again and so far no duplicates i will update if anything changes