edit agent's configuration file not enabled

Started by yordi, January 04, 2021, 03:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yordi

Hello,

i want to check ssl certificate expiration date of some websites. (nodes that i added in netxms)
in a post i have found to add a "externalparametershellexec"

ExternalParameterShellExec = HTTPS.CertificateExpireDate(*):echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -servername netxms.org -connect netxms.org:443 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -inform pem -noout -enddate | cut -d = -f 2

when i open de netxms agent (on windows pc version 2.2.17 ) and right click on a node "edit agent's configuration file" i get the error "The chosen operation is not enabled".
then this option got "grayed out".
i am logged in with a LDAP user member of the default "Admins" group with full access.

1:How do i accomplish this ? Netxms is running on linux server, and there is no update available.
2: Can I use a variable in this external command to replace "netxms.org" with the node "primary host name" (is url)

so i can create a data collection configuration template for the container containing the url's to monitor the certificates expiration warning?
So for the node (website) i can see the expiration time of the ssl certificate, and use Thresholds to create a alarm when close to expiring or expired, and create a summary table.

Filipp Sudanov

1) The chosen operation is not enabled - how's the server is specified in agent config? Is it MasterServer, ControlServer or Server? Should be MasterServer to be able to edit config file remotely.
If this is not the reason, I suggest to upgrade to a current version - current one is 3.7. Could be that there were some issues with that on 2.2.

2) As for automatically including primary host name into config, all necessary functionality is available starting from v.3.6:

First of all, you need to use configuration policy for that. Configuration policy is configured in a template (right click on a template -> Agent policies).
Configuration policy allows to specify a part of agent config. These parts are uploaded to agent system and merged together on agent start.
Changes in configuration policies require agent restart to get applied (except for lines in [ENV] section of config - this is applied on the fly). You can collect agent parameter Agent.IsRestartPending to determine, if agent received new configuration policy and execute agent restart action from EPP.
In configuration policy there's checkbox "Expand macro". If it's set, the macros are expanded (see https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/event-processing.html?highlight=macros%20event%20processing#macros-for-event-processing)

yordi

Hello,

for years, the netxms server (only have one) is running on linux debian.
there is no update anymore, just for windows servers.. so i can no update the netxms server.
these are the sources used on the linux server

# deb http://packages.netxms.org/debian wheezy beta
deb http://packages.netxms.org/debian jessie main

we have tons of nodes, and dci templates .. i do not know ho "easy" a server migration to windows will be ??

Filipp Sudanov

Netxms updates on linux are available, only support for jessie was dropped, that's why it's stuck on 2.2.

Currently supported are Debian 9 (Stretch) and 10 (Buster) so you might need to upgrade the OS.

Upgrade of NetXMS most probably will happen automatically, but it's strongly recommended to do it first in testing environment and have DB backup/snapshot prior to upgrading.