Error: Agent not supported SNMP monitoring

Started by cliff718, November 05, 2009, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff718

Hello Guys,
Im having trouble configuring Netxms to poll CPU from a netwotk device. I have compiled the device MIB file, restarted the console.

When I select new DCI -> Select Origin SNMP agent -> Enter my SNMP OID (.1.3.6.1.4.1.14685.1.3) to search for the CPU - > select this and set interval. After a few minutes I get Agent Not supported!!!

Please help

Thanks,
Cliff

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

Most likely you have entered OID incorrectly, or your device really does not support it. Could you please post some screenshots?

Best regards,
Victor

shine19890113

>:(   unfortunately I got the similar problem. Heres my screenshots

shine19890113

Some items can be detected, but some can't. My OS is WIN7.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Looks like you don't provide correct instance numbers. I suggest to open MIB Explorer, go to element of interest, and do walk on it. Than copy correct OIDs from result window.

Best regards,
Victor

shine19890113

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on March 28, 2012, 06:04:46 PM
Looks like you don't provide correct instance numbers. I suggest to open MIB Explorer, go to element of interest, and do walk on it. Than copy correct OIDs from result window.

Best regards,
Victor

Thanks very much! But sadly, I didn't put the number manually. I just got them from the MIB tree and it doesn't work.   :'(

Victor Kirhenshtein

That's strange. Can you show me results of SNMP walk for your device? For .1.3.6.1.4.1.14685.1.3 for example?

Best regards,
Victor