Error installing nxmc 3.8

Started by mark99, February 10, 2021, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark99

Hi,

When I upgraded everything to 3.8, nxmc wouldn't start based on a problem with a java component. The server seems to be ok. I'm attaching the log file mentioned in the error message. As of now, I can't use the console at all Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Zebble

You'll need at least Java 11 for 3.7 or higher.  I use Java 15 and it works just fine:

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/jdk15-archive-downloads.html

-zeb

mark99

What puzzles me is that, until today, I was running on 3.7 just fine without any Java issues!

-Mark

Zebble

I agree with that.  I seem to remember Java 8 working for early versions of 3.7 and then stopped working for newer versions.  Not sure at which version this changed, nor did I see any notes on the download page that Java 11+ was required, so it was a bit confusing.

mark99

As recommended, I've installed the most recent Java 15 JDK, but the problem is still there.

Zebble

I had to remove java 8 for java 15 to be the default.  This was on windows. 

mark99

I just realized that the error and logfile were both issued by eclipse. The file is in the \users\<username>\.nxmc\eclipse. Does anybody know why eclipse would have a problem after upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8?

Thanks again,

-Mark

Zebble

NetXMS uses the eclipse framework for Java.  Newer versions of the framework require Java 11 or higher, which is why you're getting the error.

When you get the error again, check the "java.version" near the top of the log.  It should indicate java 11 or higher.  Your original log shows java 1.8.0 144 (ie. JAVA 8).

-zeb

mark99

I've installed current versions of java, but the eclipse log always shows that eclipse sees the current java version as 1.8.0 144. There seems to be some corruption inside either java  or eclipse that's causing this. I've decided to do a bare metal restore back to the day before my failed attempt to update to netxms 3.8. I don't have the time to keep researching this.  Thanks to -Zebbie for your advice.

nafta

Hi all,

I am experiencing same issue with eclipse. attached log file.

Zebble

You have the same issue.  You're running Java 8.  Install Java 15 from the link above (or java 11 if you prefer) and then UNINSTALL Java 8.  Then you should be good to go.

nafta

Works perfectly, thanks

Uninstalled 8 than installed 11.. and good to go.
Thanks indeed.

nafta

JayST

i also ran into this today. Tried to download java but i just did not have the energy to go through the oracle signup mess.
I uninstalled java 8 and tried to install openjdk 15.0.2 by using chocolatey on Windows. Worked!

Filipp Sudanov

We plan to pack a JRE along with the console to simplify all this.