Event Processing Policy

Started by redro, August 06, 2010, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redro

Hi All,

I have created 4 Data collection items and assigned SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED for all also created one Event Processing Policy for all. But i am getting email alert for first DCI. Could any one suggest to get all 4 emails for the 4 events.

Thanks,
JP

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Could you please provide more details - configuration of all 4 DCIs, how policy looks like, what actual values for DCIs?

Best regards,
Victor

redro

Hi Victor,

We have to create 4 policies for 4 DCI ?  Please confirm.

Thanks,
Jp

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's not necessary to create 4 rules in event processing policy - you could create only one rule for all DCIs, you just need to configure it right.  I suspect that maybe you made some mistake when configuring event processing rules, possibly you have created alarm key which is identical for all DCIs. Typical configuration for alarm generation include setting alarm key in a way that it will be unique for each DCI. For example, I prefer to use alarm key DC_%i_%5 - macro %i will be expanded into node object's id, and %5 into DCI id.

Best regards,
Victor

redro

Hi Victor,

Attached is the screen shots of my configuration, Please check and suggest me.

Thanks,
JP

redro

Hi Victor,

Please drop your suggestions.

Thanks,
JP.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I would suggest to change alarm key in your configuration for %m (message text) to DC_%i_%5 - that would create separate alarms for different nodes, even if they have same message text. But anyway, that is not important for sending e-mails. From information you have sent it is not clear why you getting e-mail only for 1 DCI - I should see configuration and values of all 4 DCIs. Also, was it your intention to send e-mails every minute as long as there are files matching filter?

Best regards,
Victor

redro

Hi Victor,
I have changed alarm key as DC_%i_%5. and now i am getting mails with the body as DC_0x0000000C_0x00000019. It is not clear form me. I need like "Java service done". I have given 60 sec for polling that is only for testing.
Please suggest me it is very urgent .

Thanks in advance.
JP.

Victor Kirhenshtein

How you action configuration looks like? You should set something like

%n: %m

as message body to get meaningful texts in e-mails.

Best regards,
Victor