Need additional help configuring DCI's

Started by lbdecloedt, March 13, 2008, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbdecloedt

Hello!

???

I am new to NetXMS (1 month) as well as SNMP; so far it looks like a very useful application, but I am having a problem configuring the DCI's. I read the user guide but this does give any in-depth information.

For example I am setting up a DCI for percentage of free disk space available I have NetXMS agent running on my target object. I selected Disk.FreePerc(*) in the parameter dialog box I get "Disk.FreePerc(<insert arguments here>)" what should I but in the () for the argument?

Is there any additional documentation that illustrates sample of these configurations other them the email example? Such as configuring a DCI using SNMP?

I am using version 0.2.19!

Thanks in advance for your help

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

Brief description of common parameters provided by NetXMS agent can be found here: https://www.netxms.org/documentation/common_parameters.html. For Disk.FreePerc() parameter argument is a mount point. For example, on Windows in can be

Disk.FreePerc(C:)

and on UNIX

Disk.FreePerc(/usr)

(assuming that /usr is a mount point).

Unfortunatelly there are no step-by-step example for configuring SNMP DCI, but it should not differ much from configuring agent DCI - you just choose "SNMP Agent" as origin in DCI configuration dialog, and press Select button - you will see MIB browser instead of agent parameters list. Select required entry from MIB browser, and OID will be automatically put into Name field. All other configuration are completely the same as for agent DCI.

Best regards,
Victor

possamai

If you want to see bandwidth usage of an interface you can do that a lot easier..
Just right click the interface and click "create DCIs for this interface"

That's a lot easier than searching the MIB...

lbdecloedt

:) Thanks for the input on this, This helps alot! I have since upgraded to 2.21 version.

Anth0ny

i can help with SNMP, i use it for DELL & HP Servers for thermal monitoring.
if you have concrete questions, i will try to help you.