Frecuently communication disconnection between the netxms server and desktop app

Started by jbriseno, November 28, 2020, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbriseno

Hi, there I just installed the latest netxms server version (Version 3.6) and its Desktop managment tools. I don't why but, frecuently the Desktop Managment tools disconnect to the server. I attach a screnshot of the popup window with this information.

Any idea to fix this Desktop Managment tool disconnection issue is wellcome.

Thanks in advance

Filipp Sudanov

Was it the same with a previous version of NetXMS, or you did not use it before?
This may happen, if your computer is switching from network to network, e.g. from ethernet to wifi. Also try pinging netxms server from your desktop to check that there are no connectivity issues.

There are thought to improve the protocol between management console and the server, one day this should be done, but not very soon.
Also, you can deploy web interface on the server. Communication with the web interface might work better in non-stable network.

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp. As usual I appreciate a lot for your sooner reply my post. According with the content of your reply:

Was it the same with a previous version of NetXMS, or you did not use it before?

It is the first time that this kind problem the Desktop Managment tools has.
My personal computer where I run the Desktop Mangment tools has an Ethernet connection. I don't  use Wifi connection. Neither swith between both interfaces.
BTY, the same problem happen with other computers of my co-workers when they trying to connect to the netXMS server using the Desktop Managment tools using Ethernet connection.
I am consider your netXMS web interface to install on the server. However, for us the easiest way to use the netXMS server is with the Desktop Managment tools.

Finally, for me this kind of problem is too weird because the previous netXMS version release worked very well.

Cheers

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

could you please provide desktop client log (usually in <home directory>/.nxmc/data/.metadata/.log) and server log file with debug level set to 6 for tags client.* and userdb?

Best regards,
Victor

jbriseno

Hi, Victor. First, thanks for your help. Second, I got the Desktop Managment tool information. But, I didn't how to get the netXMS server, I did my best:

Desktop Managment tools:

I didn't find the the netxms client path that you mentioned. I attach to screenshots about it.

NetXMS server

I found in the path /var/log

the file netxmsd

The latest lines are:

2020.11.25 18:08:39.913 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE TABLE idata_7758 (item_id integer not null,idata_timestamp integer not null,idata_value varchar(255) null,raw_value varchar(255) null)"): Table 'idata_7758' already exists
2020.11.25 18:08:39.913 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE INDEX idx_idata_7758_id_timestamp ON idata_7758(item_id,idata_timestamp DESC)"): Duplicate key name 'idx_idata_7758_id_timestamp'
2020.11.25 18:08:39.917 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE TABLE tdata_7758 (item_id integer not null,tdata_timestamp integer not null,tdata_value longtext null)"): Table 'tdata_7758' already exists
2020.11.25 18:08:39.920 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE INDEX idx_tdata_7758 ON tdata_7758(item_id,tdata_timestamp)"): Duplicate key name 'idx_tdata_7758'

I hope these help

Filipp Sudanov

.metadata is hidden folder, so it wont be shown by ls command. One of the options is to run:
cat ~/.nxmc/data/.metadata/.log

As for the server log file, it's necessary to increase debug level for  client.* and userdb debug tags. You can do this with the help of nxadm command:
nxadm -c "debug client.* 6"
nxadm -c "debug userdb 6"
and you can check current debug levels with
nxadm -c "debug"

after setting debug levels, wait until you get console disconnect and share complete server log file.

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp. I updated the server debug configuration. But, Unexpected error in the Desktop Managment tool. A popup window appeared with the following error:

SWT is not responding

I decided to attach the latest lines of the Desktop Managment tool log.

I hope this helps.

Best regards, José.

Filipp Sudanov

It could be related to connectivity problems that were introduced in 3.6. Today 3.6.300 that hopefully fixes that issue, please try upgrading to that.

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp I appreciate your time to help me. I justo updated the netXMS. BTW, how do I know which netXMS version I am running? Finally, I opened the log netXMS fiile. It shows database SQL queries errors.

ot null,idata_value varchar(2$
2020.12.03 13:33:00.619 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE INDEX idx_idata_22092_id_timestamp ON idata_22092(item_id,idata_timestamp DESC)"): Duplicate key n$
2020.12.03 13:33:00.627 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE TABLE tdata_22092 (item_id integer not null,tdata_timestamp integer not null,tdata_value longtext $
2020.12.03 13:33:00.630 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE INDEX idx_tdata_22092 ON tdata_22092(item_id,tdata_timestamp)"): Duplicate key name 'idx_tdata_220$
2020.12.03 13:33:00.634 *E* [db.drv             ] SQL query failed (Query = "CREATE TABLE idata_22093 (item_id integer not null,idata_timestamp integer not null,idata_value varchar(2$

I hope this helps.

Best regards, Jose.

Filipp Sudanov

NetXMS keeps separate tables for each nodes to keep DCI history. idata is for single value DCIs and tdata for table DCIs.
This could happen, if some nodes were deleted prior to netxms shutdown or crash, the correspnding tables won't be deleted from the database. Then, when new node is created, it used same IDs and tries to create tables that already exist.
22092 and 22093 should be IDs or recently created nodes (you can search in object tree by #22092).
So this error message is not really a problem and should not cause any issues.

jbriseno