Alarms / Log messages

Started by jdl, December 13, 2010, 09:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdl

Hi,

Using the new PostEvent functionality in a NXSL script, I managed to redirect alarms (warning and more severe msg) to appropriated nodes (kind of proxy). These messages are extracted from an application log file on the application server and tell whether a node has an issue or not w.r.t. this application.

Now I was wondering why (and if this is the expected behaviour) all messages appear correctly in the main "event log" opening from the icon tool bar menu and were not displayed in the "Alarms" tab of the specific nodes in the "Object browser"? I would have expected that I can have those messages (or at least the alarms) displayed in this tab.

Am I right or is there a difference between the "Event Log" window and the node specific "Alarms" tab?

Many thansk in advance
Best regards,

Jdamien

Victor Kirhenshtein

Event log show events, and on "Alarms" tab shown active (not terminated) alarms. In short, alarms is an events which requires operator attention. They are created from events in event processing policy. Main difference from event is that alarms has state (outstanding, acknowledged, or terminated) and repeat count - so if for example you have repeated events coming every minute, in alarm browser you will only see one alarm with increasing repeat counter. Alarms described in more details in user manual, section 6.3.

Best regards,
Victor