How to discover all peer nodes completely?

Started by justrest, March 16, 2023, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Could you also provide server log file with debug level 6 for the duration of topology poll on that switch (i.e. set debug level to 6, go to Poll -> Topology on the switch node, set debug back)?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I was able to reproduce and fix this issue (yet another bug in LLDPv2 MIB handling). Fix will be included into next patch release (we likely will publish it this week).

Best regards,
Victor

justrest

Quote from: justrest on May 09, 2023, 10:37:16 AM
Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on May 05, 2023, 05:03:08 PMHi,
I've found a bug introduced in 4.3 which may cause incorrect decoding of strings received via SNMP (SNMP codepage was ignored in some cases). Fix will be included into upcoming patch release 4.3.6.
Best regards,
Victor
I'm very excited to try the just released version 4.3.6, but the network device still can't seem to discover all neighboring devices ...... I uploaded the latest walk result of SNMP, please help me to see it, thank you very much!
Thank you so much for your great help! I tried the latest version 4.3.7 today and the problem with lldp v2 still seems to exist, please help me with the attached logs, much appreciated! Or is it possible to force the use of lldp v1 version? Looking forward to your reply!

justrest

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on May 22, 2023, 07:01:04 PMHi,
I was able to reproduce and fix this issue (yet another bug in LLDPv2 MIB handling). Fix will be included into next patch release (we likely will publish it this week).
Best regards,
Victor
Since under 4.2.* version, all peer nodes can be discovered normally, and the topology is shown completely (more than 30 nodes), but after 4.3 version can only discover part of the nodes (about 7 nodes), and as the time becomes longer, only two nodes are left at last,  is  it possible to turn off the LLDP V2, and revert back to the recognition mechanism of 4.2.* version, or there is any way to solve the problem. Thank you very much!

Victor Kirhenshtein

I have made some changes in reading LLDP information in upcoming release 4.4.1. FIrst of all there were few bugs left in reading LLDP-V2 MIB. Also, now server will use both LLDP-MIB and LLDP-V2-MIB if supported by device, and LLDP-MIB takes precedence. This should solve discovery issues.

Best regards,
Victor

justrest

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 14, 2023, 11:07:26 AMI have made some changes in reading LLDP information in upcoming release 4.4.1. FIrst of all there were few bugs left in reading LLDP-V2 MIB. Also, now server will use both LLDP-MIB and LLDP-V2-MIB if supported by device, and LLDP-MIB takes precedence. This should solve discovery issues.

Best regards,
Victor

Thank you very much!

justrest

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 14, 2023, 11:07:26 AMI have made some changes in reading LLDP information in upcoming release 4.4.1. FIrst of all there were few bugs left in reading LLDP-V2 MIB. Also, now server will use both LLDP-MIB and LLDP-V2-MIB if supported by device, and LLDP-MIB takes precedence. This should solve discovery issues.

Best regards,
Victor

We've updated to version 4.4.1 and it looks like H3C's Neighborhood Discovery feature should be working fine, fantastic, thanks so much!