How to export Alarms and Event log from NetXms tool to Excel.

Started by rejithraju, November 08, 2009, 03:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rejithraju

I am new to NetXms tool. I have configured Netxms Version 0.2.22 for monitoring the CPU load memory and other parameters of the devices. And also I have set the threshold and appropriate rules in the event policy. Now am able to see the alarms in the alarm vewer.

Now i would like to export the events and alrms to an excel file for a trend analyziz and other reports. How can i acheve this. Am using the SQL LITE Embeded database as the storage.

Please guide me how to go forward.

Thanks in Advance,
Rejith

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

You can export active alarms into comma-separated file using nxalarm tool. For terminated alarms and events the only way to export is to query database directly. Alarms stored in table alarms, and events in table event_log. Ask if you'll need comments on structure of these tables.

Best regards,
Victor

rejithraju

Hi Thanks for this reply.

I am using SQLite Database Browser for exporting the data from the netxms tool database.

Alex Kirhenshtein

You could use File -> Export -> Table as CSV file to export both tables and then load CSV files into Excel.

lowtek

I tried to Export it using NetXMS 0.2.30 (File->Export) but the Export is grayed out. Do you have any idea?
Thanks!

Victor Kirhenshtein

He probably mean menu in SQLite Database Browser, not in NetXMS console.

Best regards,
Victor