How to find out the event parameters?

Started by tarnmensch, September 07, 2015, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarnmensch

Hello again!

(As always, sorry for a probably quite silly question...)

I've been learning a lot about NetXMS lately (even though I'm still far away from using complex scripts etc.), but I just can't figure out how to know the parameters for custom events.

I created the events DC_AGENT_REACHABLE and DC_AGENT_UNREACHABLE to be triggered by an AgentStatus DCI. But when an alarm was created and later on terminated, I noticed both events had different parameters. From testing and reading the descriptions of other DC events, I got this list:

DC_AGENT_REACHABLE parameters

• Parameter name
  • Item description
  • Data collection item ID
  • ?!
  • Threshold value
  • Current value
DC_AGENT_UNREACHABLE parameters

• Parameter name
  • Item description
  • Threshold value
  • Current value
  • Data collection item ID
  • Instance
  • Repeat flag

Please, can someone tell me why two (as far as I know) similarly created events have got different parameters and how to know them without triggering test alarms? (It's been bugging me that I've accidently been sending test mails to the department mailing list a few times - partly with alarms like "There's less than 200% free space on drive C:" :o )

Thank you for your great work and support!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

for historical reasons events generated by threshold violation and threshold rearm has parameters in different order. They are modelled by SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED and SYS_THRESHOLD_REARMED events respectively - you can check descriptions for parameter list. Also, you can use named parameters: dciName, dciDescription, thresholdValue, currentValue, dciId, instance, isRepeatedEvent - so for example you can replace %4 with %{currentValue} in threshold violation event processing.

Best regards,
Victor

tarnmensch

Hi,

thanks a lot Victor, you're doing a great Job as always!

slako

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on September 08, 2015, 10:10:18 AM
...so for example you can replace %4 with %{currentValue} in threshold violation event processing.
just some clarification -  correct format is %<currentValue>