How to mass update "interface expected state" in 4.4?

Started by troffasky, July 17, 2023, 07:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troffasky

Since updating to 4.4, I no longer see the "Change interface expected state" option. This now has to be done at Properties > Polling, which is only one interface at a time.
Can I expect the old behaviour to come back at some point?

Filipp Sudanov

No sure what was the approach that you are mentioning.

There is a way to change global defaults for newly created interfaces - it's in Configuration -> Server configuration, parameter Objects.Interfaces.DefaultExpectedState

The other approach is to use scripting - either in configuration poll hook script (that script would go through interfaces of one node and change expected state) or a script that is meant to be executed only once and will go through all nodes and all interfaces of these. I can provide an example

troffasky

4.1: Node > Interfaces, select 1 or more, right click, Change interface expected state...

ksnip_20230815-105856.png
In 4.4, this option is not present.

normalcy

Hi Troffasky, are you using the legacy desktop client or the new desktop client?

I've noticed in the legacy client that in some screens right click doesn't seem to work unless you hold down the ctrl key as well.  Specifically I had that with the interfaces tab of a node, shift+select a range and hold down ctrl+right-click to get the popup.

Doesn't happen in the new client.

troffasky

I am only using the web client. 
The screenshot showing it working is from the Legacy web client on 4.1.
I wasn't able to get the legacy web client 4.4 working. Perhaps this is a difference between legacy and new.

Victor Kirhenshtein

It is fixed in current development branch (change expected state added to new UI). We will do patch release 4.4.2 soon, fix will be part of it.

Best regards,
Victor

troffasky