Sys_IF_Disabled Event AND Expected interface state = Ignore

Started by Largon, October 24, 2019, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Largon

Hello,

we are testing NetXMS since one week and have a lot of nodes connected to 1300 different switches.
To not get too many notifications for Sys_Node_Down, we set the Expected interface state = "Ignore" with the exception of the Up-/Downlinks.

Now we want to get notified if an interface is disabled by port security or other reasons.

Unfortunately, the Sys_IF_Disabled event works only when Expected interface state is "Up" or "Down".

Is there any other solution to create the Sys_IF_Disabled event or do we have to configure DCIs with Instance discovery?

best regards
Largon

Alex Kirhenshtein

I assume you are talking about SYS_IF_DOWN, because SYS_NODE_DOWN is unrelated to expected interface status.

I see two ways:
1) Create DCIs
2) Change interfaces back to expected UP/DOWN and filter out SYS_IF_DOWN in EPP (with "stop processing" action). Most likely you'll want to change status propagation on interfaces to Normal, this way they will not affect status of the node itself (expect up/downlinks, probably). All these changes can be scripted (in Hook::ConfigurationPoll).

Largon

Hello,

yes i´m talking about Sys_IF_Down.

Now we are testing snmp trap configuration for the interface disable events and it seems the best way.