ibm blade center

Started by lindeamon, March 11, 2012, 10:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have attached 3 screen shots of the FC module.basically "bay x" means the number of the blade and "ext x" means the ports connected to a san storage or switch.
it has a management or sup interface that holds it's ip but the communication to the module is routed through the blade management module which have a different ip, in this case is 172.16.4.60

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i do not know where you stand on this issue but i just want to update you that apparently the fc modules are discovered and in former version they where located under "business.."  but now i do not even see them and get alarm for them.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

correction...
i can't see them but i receive alarms for them

Victor Kirhenshtein

Are you 100% sure that they are nowhere in the tree? Try to do IP address filter in object tree - enter > followed by IP address in filter field.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

i am sure and the reason for that is that only when i upgraded to 1.2.1 i got alarms for them i then i have noticed that instead of residing some where in the tree they are gone.
i will do the requested check and let u know

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have looked for the object and they are not there.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

That's very strange. When possible, can you stop the server and run database check? Will it report any errors?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

u were right. running the db check found the unlinked object.why wasn't i informed of this ?
is it a bug ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's definitely a bug in the server which leaves some nodes unattached to neither subnet nor container object. I have one fix possibly related to this in 1.2.2 - may be it helps. If not, I'll have a chance to connect IBM blade to NetXMS in a couple of weeks, then I'll be able to do necessary tests.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

obviously i will have to wait and see if it will help.
after i have done the checking the missing nodes were not found again although the network discovery is active. i will check tomorrow to see if they were rediscovered and i will let u know

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,
done the check and found that although i get alarms from the FC modules i do not see them anywhere.
need to solve this quickly

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

no luck. i have ran the db check and fixed the errors and still no nodes and just alarms.
guess you will check that after the vacation

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Can you dump server objects by running command

nxadm -c "sh o" > file

and try to find records for problematic objects in that file, and send them to me?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

will do that coming sunday

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i invoked the command and did not find any thing.i will wait till you have access to blade center as you said earlier

Best Regards,
Lindeamon