Interface IP's not discovered on F5 BIG-IP

Started by rgkordia, January 14, 2015, 01:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgkordia

Hi,

When I add an F5 BIG-IP node, the IP addresses of the interfaces are not discovered.  When I do a walk of .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20 I can see all the relevant IP's, but they are not discovered automatically by NetXMS.  SNMPTraps (which the BIG-IP is originating from a different source IP than the primary IP) are not being registered to the correct object and I can't seem to manually add the IP's to the interfaces.

Is there anything I can tune to force the discovery of the IP's? 

Regards,
Richard

tomaskir

What version of NetXMS are you using?

Also, SNMP v2c or v3?

Victor Kirhenshtein

There was very similar problem on VMWare ESX which was fixed in 2.0-M1. What NetXMS version you are using?

Best regards,
Victor

rgkordia

NetXMS version 1.2.17 and SNMP 2c.

I note (and this may not be related) that a walk of .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20 lists all the IP information, but a walk of .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.34 yields no results.  I'm not personally familiar the difference between ipAddrTable and ipAddressTable.

Rich

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, it's exactly same bug - NetXMS was not read ipAddressTable. After upgrade to 2.0-M1 or newer your problem should be fixed.

Best regards,
Victor

rgkordia

Ok thanks Victor.

Will a major version upgrade (ie. 1.2.17 to 2.x) keep the same DB format?  Is it just a seamless upgrade?

Rich

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, upgrade procedure is the same - you just run nxdbmgr as usual and it will make necessary changes in DB.

Best regards,
Victor