Interface Oddity

Started by Tursiops, January 09, 2018, 03:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tursiops

Hi,

We have run into an odd issue after installing firmware upgrades on a number of virtual firewalls.
The old firmware would happily show all relevant interfaces, while the new firmware results in a lot of nonsense (and breaks our instance discovery).

Initially I was going to consider this a bug in the firmware and report it to the vendor, however, upon going through an actual SNMP walk on two devices (one with, one without the upgrade), both return sensible data. So now it seems like NetXMS is having an issue of some sort.
I can confirm that the firmware does lead to changes in the interface tables, namely the interfaces suddenly start at 65536, instead of 1.
For all I recall OIDs fields are allowed to be up to 2^32-1, so this shouldn't be an issue?

See attached screenshots of a device with the old and a device with new firmware.

Thanks

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

what is your settings for using interface aliases? And what are aliases for those interfaces?

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

It's actually visible on screenshots that aliases are empty. Please contact me directly so I can debug this issue.

Best regards,
Victor

Tursiops

Hi,

Just as a follow up in case anyone else runs into this:
It is an issue with WatchGuard firewalls from firmware 12.0.1 onwards and due to a change by WatchGuard.
The ifIndex OID no longer returns a matching value, which leads to NetXMS' confusion.
A ticket has been opened with WatchGuard.

Cheers