Cannot get web service definitions: Access denied

Started by pvo, April 15, 2020, 11:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvo

When I open Configuration - Web Service Definitions in the Web Management Console or in the Windows Management Console I get following error message: "Cannot get web service definitions: Access denied".
What does this error mean?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

make sure that your user has system access right "manage web service definitions".

Best regards,
Victor

pvo

I was logged in as admin, but the Admins group didn't have the "Manage web service definitions". It works now, thank you for your help.

I didn't modify the Groups rights therefore it is probably default setting. It is strange. I thought that the Admin group has all rights. Why is this right an exception?
If there is difference in database initialization and for other databases is it OK. I use the PostgreSQL database.

Victor Kirhenshtein

It could be bug in upgrade procedure. This is new access right introduced in version 3.2, so if you have upgraded from older version it may not have been added by database upgrade tool.

Best regards,
Victor

pvo

It was fresh 3.2. installation and I've used Debian Buster packages therefore I'm not sure about the exact version but I guess it was 3.2.400.

pvo

I've tried a new fresh installation with the latest Debian packages 3.2.472 and the rights are OK.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Just checked - there was a fix in DB init script between 3.2.400 and 3.2.472 for exactly this issue. Completely forgot about it.

Best regards,
Victor