Weird Alarm - Invalid network mask /17

Started by ryny24, March 18, 2020, 05:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryny24

I'm new to NetXMS but loving it so far. I am getting these weird alarms on many of my devices with private IP addresses.

Example 1: Invalid network mask /17 on interface "rtif(10.250.128.201/17)", should be /24
Example 2: Invalid network mask /17 on interface "DEFAULT_VLAN", should be /24
Example 3: [Minor]   South PH   Invalid network mask /17 on interface "Vl1", should be /21

The vlan is configured correctly with a /17. I have other devices in a /16 subnet which are not reporting these alarms. Weird.

Filipp Sudanov

As of v. 3.2. there's a bug on that matter. The thing is that when a node is discovered, an appropriate subned in created in "Entire network", having netmask of first found node. So it first found node had incorrect configuration (or if that node nad no netxms agent or snmp - in this case we can't get subnet from node and use /24) then subnet is created incorrectly (and this is not fixed due to the mentioned bug).
It's not possible to edit netmask of a subnet, the way to fix this situation is:
- check if configuration of nodes is correct
- make sure your nodes are present in a container in "Infrastructure services". Otherwise nodes will get deleted on the next step along with DCI history.
- delete the subned from Entire Network
- it should recreate again after some time with correct mask