Last Value Errors for SNMP DCI

Started by cguerrero, October 28, 2020, 10:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cguerrero

Hello,

Im fairly new to using NetXMS. After watching the video serries, I'm trying to set up monitoring for Tripplite UPS. I imported the MIB and navigated to the OID I want to monitor, but the last values read error. Any ideas on how to fix this? Ive attached a screenshot.

Filipp Sudanov

You have timestamp with year 1969 - is time on your netxms server correct?
In object details - Overview on the right hand side there is a table called Capabilities? That's communication method available for particular node. What's the value of isSNMP there? If it's No, try running Full configuration poll for that node.
Are you able to get values for these OID using snmpget from command line of the sever where NetXMS is running?

cguerrero

Thanks for the reply. I checked and both the netxms server and tripplite UPS are synced to the same time server. However, the isSNMP was no even though the community strings match. I did several full configuration polls to no avail. The status remains no

Filipp Sudanov

Please share the text output of full configuration poll

cguerrero

Here is the output of the full configuration poll.

Filipp Sudanov

There's a big delay after "Checking SNMP..." line, which means that NetXMS is not getting any reply from the device.
Try running
snmpget -v 2c -c public DEVICE_IP 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
on NetXMS server - there should be some output. If there's none, please check community string and SNMP protocol versions supported by the device.