latest version - problem loading postgres driver upon new installation

Started by lindeamon, March 16, 2020, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

trying to install newest netxms version with postgres fails with driver loading.
tried v10.12, 11.x and 12.x of postgres

Lindeamon

Woody

Hello,
have you installed netxms-dbdrv-pgsql?
Can you send logs and your netxms configuration file?
What operating system do you use?

Best regards
Woody

lindeamon

Hi Woody,

didn't know that i have to install separately, is it new ?
using windows 2012 r2

Woody

Hi,
sorry I thought you were using Linux.
I do not have much experience with netxms on windows, but maybe this guide will help you:
https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/installation.html#installing-on-windows
If it still doesn't work i recommend uploading the exact error message or logs and your configuration,
so other people can easy help you.

Best regards
Woody

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

most likely there is some DLL conflict. I'll try to check if all dependencies for pgsql.ddr were added to installer.

Best regards,
Victor

mibox

Hi,

Follow the below steps and you will have NetXMS working, regardless if PG is installed on your local NetXMS host or on a remote DB server (assuming pgadmin4 works remotely for you).

1. Install / upgrade the required version of PostgreSQL on your NetXMS machine or extract the \bin folder from PostgreSQL binary zip package to a folder of your choice (actually you will need dlls only).
2. Make sure the folder is included in windows env path variable or in case of the regular PostgreSQL install, execute the batch file that comes with the install to set local environment up. Make sure it has successfully applied the required changes. (Run "cmd" and then "set" commands to verify system variables. In case they are not set, do it by hand following the batch file content).
3. Rename ...\NetXMS\bin\libpq.dll  to e.g. "_libpq.dll"
4.From the folder to which you have extracted PostgreSQL package or from ..\PostgreSQL\xx\bin\ installation folder, copy "libpq.dll" file to ...\NetXMS\bin\ folder (in place of the earlier renamed dll).
5. Start netxmsd.exe -D 9 to make sure it follows your config file settings and it connects to DB (can be on localhost or on remote serverver machine).
6. Start nx client, it should work fine, stop netxmsd.exe and start NetXMS service the normal way. Reconnect the client.

I hope it'd be of help.

BR
MI

lindeamon

thank you MI.
will give it a try but i prefer to wait for victor's fix. this way, i know that the one who created the software checks the integrity of it's work.

BR,
Lindeamon

Filipp Sudanov

3.2 bugfix release is out. Please check, if it fixed this issue.