News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Centralized agent upgrade

Started by Meandmybrain, December 04, 2019, 05:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meandmybrain

Hi,

for the first time I'm going to use the centralized agent upgrade, but it won't work.

The upgrade files are uploaded and shown in the packetmanager.
After choosing the node I want to upgrade immediately "Unable to start upgrade process" is shown.
In the destinationfolder at the node (win server 2016), a new file "nxagent-xxx-x64.exe" is created but with zero bytes. (win server 2016/2012R2)
Log says that "nxagent-xxx-x64.exe" could not be executed. -makes sense at this point ;)

So option one is an error while downloading this file to node, option two maybe is an error uploading the file to netxms server.
Could you please tell me where the upgrade file is stored "usually" on netxms server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)?
Besides that I'm open for other thoughts.

Best regards
Sebastian

Tatjana Dubrovica

It should be under: var/lib/netxms/packages/

Found bug that might cause it. npi file should be in the same folder with the file that should be uploaded (check that name of the file inside npi file is the same as the actual file name). In case if file not found package manager shows error, but sill uploads file with 0 sizes and adds it to the list.

Please check if it is your case.

Meandmybrain

Hi,

under var/lib/netxms/packages/ is a file called "nxagent-3.1.241-x64.exe" with 0 size.
Filename in npi is exactly the name of the agent upgrade exe.
Additional info: i'm not able to get access to /packages using "cd". Is this a normal behavior? I can only show the content of /packes using "sudo ls -la /var/lib/netxms/packages"
After I copied "nxagent-3.1.241-x64.exe" to /packages via terminal, deployment worked.
So it seems to be a problem while uploading the files using management console (i'm using web console).

Best regards
Sebastian

Tatjana Dubrovica