Legacy Interface

Started by gmonk63, September 06, 2023, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

After upgrading to 4.4.2 I noticed a new assets icon in the legacy interface but I cannot do anything with it. I am assuming this  new feature is only available for the new interface.  Are you going to phase out the old interface completely ?  I really don't prefer the new interface for several reasons but If  I have to switch I guess I can give it another try

Filipp Sudanov

Yes, the plan is to phase out old interface - it will stay and should be able to work (at least for some time), but new features won't be added to it.

It's a good time to discuss your experience and feelings regarding the new interface - are there some specific inconvenient / unlogical / etc things or it's something overall?

gmonk63

It honestly just feels like the legacy interface with new icons and a sidebar. Aside from the navigation changing slightly I see no major benefit over the legacy interface at the moment. I often end up clicking on multiple icons to find what I am looking because I am used to just seeing "Templates" and not having to remember that "Templates" is now the icon that looks like three books.  Maybe its just me  getting old and not yet memorizing the icons ;D   but I would be curious of what other are experiencing. 

Filipp Sudanov

If you've tried the new UI some time ago - at some point the icons on the left were arranged in a bit more logical way. I was kinda struggling before, but now Infrastructure services is the top one icon and things are way better.
Also to note - a few things - e.g. data collection is moved from the node context menu to a tab.
In overall - it took some time for me to get used to the new UI, but now it feels more comfortable then the old one (also still has some minor things to improve)