Licensing / restricting the number of monitored devices.

Started by Yarda, December 12, 2012, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarda

Hello geeks,

I have the following question. Does NetXMS support some kind of licensing mechanism for let say the number of monitored devices? I mean, I would like to restrict my end customer to be able to monitor only a certain number of devices/types of devices and if they want to add more for what they've purchased the license, an error message pops-up and they cannot until they get back to me and get a new license file placed on their server side.

We sell specific devices and would like our customers to pay for the number of devices they can monitor.

Thank you,
Y.

SKYnv

Quote from: Yarda on December 12, 2012, 10:05:03 AM
Hello geeks,

I have the following question. Does NetXMS support some kind of licensing mechanism for let say the number of monitored devices? I mean, I would like to restrict my end customer to be able to monitor only a certain number of devices/types of devices and if they want to add more for what they've purchased the license, an error message pops-up and they cannot until they get back to me and get a new license file placed on their server side.

We sell specific devices and would like our customers to pay for the number of devices they can monitor.

Thank you,
Y.
money for open source?

Yarda

Well, actually, we are pretty far in planning to buy a license of NetXMS to use it in commercial sphere. 8)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Yes, NetXMS have simple licensing mechanism which we embed in our own commercial extensions (https://www.radensolutions.com/products.html). It is not in open-source part of the code. Please contact me by e-mail and I provide you all necessary information.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

are there any differences between the open source edition that we all use to the commercial one other then the licensing mechanism ?
it will be too sad to see awesome application destroy itself like zenoss and like by leaving half functional application to the community and the best for commercial.

Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

We don't have and don't plan to have commercial edition of NetXMS. What we have is a commercial add-ons for the following:

1. ATM hardware monitoring;
2. ATM video surveillance;
3. Card management systems monitoring.

These add-ons have licensing mechanism inside. Currently we don't have plans to expand this list. Potential user base for these add-ons are limited (banks and few other financial institutions), and it should not have impact on NetXMS community, but we have a chance to earn some money to be able to continue core product development.

Best regards,
Victor