Macro {instance} not working for FileSystem.Free() - Error

Started by knut4linux, January 26, 2022, 02:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knut4linux

Hi @ll,

i have create a template for defaults i want to poll. One of the DCI poll use the Parameter FileSystem.Free(*) via agent. I set up my DCI with follwoing:
[General] Parameter: FileSystem.Free({instance})
[Instance Discovery]: Method->Agent List; List name->FileSystem.MountPoints
This issue was also reported in this post: https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/lt-lt-error-gtgt-for-last-values-of-instance-discovery/msg17605/#msg17605

The descripted solution (using [] instead of {}) does not solv my issue.

If i use identical settings with Parameter FileSystem.FreePerc({instance}) it works.

Output from debugger:
Node(Test)->getMetricFromAgent(FileSystem.Free()): dwError=500 dwResult=5

As you can see, the Macro {instance} does not work for this parameter. If i setup my parameter like FileSystem.FreePrec(C:\), it works.

Has anyone the same issue?

Thanks

knut4linux

Hi @ll,

i have a solution with an older Agentparameter, that works for me. I use the Parameter Disk.Used({instance}), that is not listed in the available Parameter.
I found this parameter in a older Version of NetXMS -> Agent Parameters Compatibility Matrix.

Filipp Sudanov

What data type do you use for FileSystem.Free({instance})? Try using "Unsigned Integer 64-bit" there as if you have a big HDD, the value can be very big as it's in bytes.

If it's still not working - how exactly the DCI is behaving? Does it goes into error?