News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Migration Error

Started by Professional_B, January 10, 2020, 12:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professional_B

Hi All,

I'm in the process of migrating our NetXMS installation from our old server to a new one. I read some earlier forum posts and the wiki article on how to migrate the DB, but I'm running into an error when I attempt to use nxdbmgr migrate. It says "Error loading source configuration from netxmsd_old.conf". I'm assuming there's an issue with the DBServer entry in netxmsd_old.conf, but I'm not sure. I've tried entering the old server's FDQN and IP address without success. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pro_B

Woody

I think you should attach your config files here if someone should help you.  ;)

Professional_B

Oh sure. Here's the netxmsd_old (with altered/obfuscated entries):

LogFile = {syslog}
DBDriver = mysql.ddr
DBServer = oldserver.localnetwork.local
DBName = netxms_db
DBLogin = ****
DBPassword = ****
LogFailedSQLQueries = yes

I should note also that both of the databases are local to their servers, so in this case the new server is attempting to migrate the database directly from the old.

Woody

What operating system do you use?  Can you connect to your database remotely? You can test it with this command: mysql -u [user] -p -h [ip of db server]

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

configuration file looks correct. How exactly you run nxdbmgr? Try to specify full path to old DB config and make sure it is accessible.

Best regards,
Victor

Professional_B

Hi Victor,

That did it, specifying the absolute file path to netxmsd_old.conf with nxdbmgr is what was needed. Thanks so much for your help!

Pro_B