Missing "status" DCI on some nodes

Started by normalcy, December 29, 2017, 05:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

normalcy

Hi, I was trying out the MTBF/MTTR script from the wiki and getting transformation script errors:
6102883 29.12.2017 12:28:50 netxms 2330 SYS_SCRIPT_ERROR Minor Script (DCI::OCB WiFi Demarc::2330::TransformationScript) execution error: Error 17 in line 8: Argument is not of string type and cannot be converted to string 0
After some fiddling I could trace it back to the fact the some of my nodes are missing what looks like some sort of default "status" DCI while others aren't (those work with the script).

Is the "status" DCI created when a new node is added automatically (discovery)?  I don't seem to have any templates that add this DCI.

Are there any conditions that can cause it not to be created by the server (hence my missing items)?  What happens if this DCI is missing on a node?

Thanks.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

older versions of NetXMS did create "Status" DCI automatically. Newer versions (anything after 2.0 definitely) does not. If you need status DCI on all nodes you can create template with auto apply script that always returns true.

Best regards,
Victor

normalcy