Moving NetXms to new server

Started by Egert143, July 18, 2019, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egert143

Hello

Old test server is getting slow (was not ment to be permanent), now when i have more capable server ready i have run into problems with moving installation.

I upgraded old server to latest version (2.2.6), its running under win 7 and database is mysql. I have searched around to find best way how to save db and import into new server. Currently i have tryed with "nxdbmgr export export_file" but i get following error: "ERROR: Schema version mismatch between dbschema_sqlite.sql and your database. Please check that NetXMS server installed correctly. Database export failed."

And for future in mind, how could one automate the backup process ? At the moment it seems its requirement to shutdown server for export.

Egert

paul

I assume you meant that you now have a new server with 2.2.16 installed and want to export from old (WIN &) to the new server?

If it was me, I would install same version NetXMS on new server, export from old server and import to new server. No schema issue as same schema.

Once imported to new server - update new server from old version to 2.2.16. From memory, if there is a schema change - the command is "nxdbmgr upgrade"

https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/upgrade.html

I don't think you can go straight from old schema on one box to new schema on a new box which is what you appear to be doing.

As for backup - export is different than standard database backup using MySQL backup commands.

I successfully moved server - twice - on Windows - using same version of NetXMS each time (export import). My NetXMS updates have all been done "in place" before any moving.

Hope this helps.

Egert143

Not exactly, i upgraded old server to latest version and tryed to export database, but that stage already failed.

I got database to new server with migrate tool, now its succesfully running. :)

Egert

paul