Updated server to 3.2.380, nxmc won't start

Started by mark99, March 05, 2020, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark99

Up to date win10.
Update from 3.1.260 to 3.2.380
nxmc fails to start with this message:

Server uses incompatible version of communication protocol (server=[52,4,1,1,1,27,1,2] Client=[52,3,1,1,126,1,2]

I didn't see the usual distribution containing both the server and the console, only the server distribution, so nxmc wasn't updated. What am I missing?

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Mark

Filipp Sudanov

This message means that nxmc is older then the server.
What distribution did you use before? Was it for Windows?
Currently you can just download nxmc separately from https://www.netxms.org/download/

mark99

I understand what the message means. My question had to do with the change to the distributions that seems to have dropped the bundled server and console installation executables. I've been using windows-based netxms for quite awhile, and I've always used the bundled distribution and I've never had this problem. I did look in nxmc-3.2.380-win32-x64.zip. There are no installation instructions in the zip file, so I'm not at all sure how to proceed. I must be missing something.

So, my questions are:

Has the combined installer been removed permanently?

If so, how can I separately install nxmc?

Thanks!

mark99

I belatedly found the nxmc installation procedure in the netxms admin guide. Everything is working again!

I would still appreciate it if the combined server/console distribution could still be included in the downloads page.

Thanks again,

Mark

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

we decided to drop combined server/console package as part of overall effort to reduce number of packages and thus required support efforts. Actually we did expect that in most cases server is installed on separate machine and users are connected from remote workstations.

Best regards,
Victor