Need NetXMS management console version for linux.

Started by parikshit, February 11, 2021, 10:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parikshit

Hi Team,

I've installed NetXMS server and agent version 3.7.145 but can't find the management console for the same version on official website portal after latest release of version 3.8.
Even in archive i found nxmc-3.7.144-linux-gtk-x64.tar.gz and not nxmc-3.7.145-linux-gtk-x64.tar.gz.
I need management console nxmc-3.7.145-linux-gtk-x64.tar.gz for linux.
Kindly help me with the required version of management console and kindly assist me to upgrade the version in case needed.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Kirhenshtein

All components with the same major.minor versions (e.g. 3.7) are compatible. Latest build of the management console is 144 (https://netxms.org/download/releases/3.7/nxmc-3.7.144-linux-gtk-x64.tar.gz), and you should use it with the .145 server.

parikshit

Thank you Alex,

I've downloaded the nxmc-3.7.144-linux-gtk-x64 management console but while running the application I'm facing an error
An error has occurred. See the log file /home/parikshit.rajguru/.nxmc/eclipse/1613034842422.log.
And while checking the log file I've found the below entries at the bottom of the log file.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2021-02-11 14:44:03.919
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.netxms.ui.eclipse.console.application" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:252)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:33)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1461)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1434)
[root@it016 eclipse]#

I would be very thankful if you can help me to resolve this and assist me step wise.
I've attached some pictures for your reference.

Thank you.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I just tried to download nxmc 3.7.144 and it starts without issues. Try to remove .nxmc from your home folder and start nxmc again. Also, make sure that you have Java 11 or newer.

Best regards,
Victor

parikshit

Hey Victor, issue got resolved after installing java version 11.

Thank you so much.

parikshit

Hello Team,

I want to add "Ping" option in object tools so that I can ping directly the node through GUI.
I'm using Linux Cent OS 8 as a NetXMS server.
I've gave a path for ping but I can't see any output after pinging.
Kindly find the snaps below for reference and please assist.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you should pass IP address of the node you are pinging to ping command. Try

ping %a

as command (%a will be expanded to primary IP address of the node where you start object tool).

Best regards,
Victor