Event 'timer cancellations' explanation?

Started by Millenium7, November 14, 2019, 03:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millenium7

I see this as an option in event processing policy but I have absolutely no idea how it works because you can't enter a time, you can only enter a text string

Can someone explain how this works and how to use it?
I have some alerts that I would like to automatically resolve/terminate after say 6 hours, then reset and if the issue re-occurs it will once again trigger the alert event
Or creating sticky alerts for some thresholds i.e. if temperature is >60c then do an normal event where if it goes <60c it terminates the alarm
But if it goes >70c then execute a different policy that will not automatically cancel even if temp goes <60c. But this alarm will automatically terminate in 72 hours (freak occurance that doesn't happen again, but gives plenty of time to see an alarm is still there and investigate manually)

It seems like a 'timer cancellation' could easily achieve this but........... no way to enter a time????

Filipp Sudanov

Timer cancellations are related to server actions that are launched when an event happens. In event processing policy you can configure an action that is executed and set execution delay (in seconds). When event happens, the action will be scheduled. To be able to cancel this particular action we need to mark it somehow. This is done with timer key. This field can have macro fields in it, so e.g. for every node or node-dci combination, etc this field can be unique.

Then we can have another record in event processing policy that can have timer cancellation action. It has the same timer key. If that happens before the timeout goes out, the scheduled action will be cancelled. If not, the action will happen.