Long standing issue: DCI's not showing up when trying to add to map/graph/etc

Started by Millenium7, November 08, 2019, 05:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millenium7

Here's an example image

The DCI is added to a node (in this case by a template but can also be manually added) and its working perfectly fine. Yet when I try and select it from a list i.e. making a network map/graph/dashboard/anything where I can choose a DCI, an entry sometimes just will not show up at all. Only way I found to fix it was to remove the DCI and re-add it again. But this causes me to lose all existing polled data
And even then sometimes it doesn't work and I have to actually duplicate a DCI, the duplicate will show up but not the original

I've had this issue periodically for years, and when it happens its frustrating as I need that data, sometimes its data thats been silently collecting for months and then I need to put it into a dashboard but am unable to
If I manually go to the node and then last values tab, right click and choose 'graph' the data is shown just fine. And if I right click on that graph and choose properties->data sources I can see its in there. But if I choose 'add' and browse to the node, that DCI still does not show up

Is this a known issue?
I propose a short-term workaround if it can't easily be fixed: Allow manually typing in the object number of a DCI instead of having to browse to the node and choose it. Maybe then it'll pick it up and at least allow me to add the data source, even if I have to go and look it up manually

Millenium7

Ah, found the issue
The DCI is not actually missing. It's just obscured by the bottom half of the 'Filter' header. If you look very closely at the photo on the right you can see a little bit of black text. If I click on that pixel or use the up arrow, it will select that DCI entry
So this is a bug with the UI not organising itself correctly. I imagine its placing the list assuming a single-entry header row like the first photo, but the filter one is 2 rows tall hence obscures the first entry