NetXMS forward traps to higher NNM server in the hierarchy

Started by CrUser, February 25, 2021, 12:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrUser

Hi,

I have been using NetXMS for several years in monitoring a smaller network system and I am very satisfied with the reliability and performance of the NetXMS server, a great tool for this purpose.
I'm trying to find a way to forward already received and processed traps on the NetXMS server to a third-party NNM server.
I know that NetXMS can exchange events within its own network but if I need to send traps to a third party NNM server it cannot understand events from the NetXMS server.
Is it possible to use a NetXMS agent installed together with a server on the same computer or using a scripting language through which traps would be generated to a third party for filtered conditions, let say only sending critical alarms to a third party NNM server.
Please give me an idea of which way to go in resolving such requests.

Thanks in advance,
Tomislav

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

currently the only way is to setup event processing action for desired events that will execute external script that will use snmptrap command to send trap to upper level NMS. We plan to have SNMP trap sending as separate action type for some time already, it will be implemented eventually. 

Best regards,
Victor

CrUser

It seems to me that I will still have to write a script outside of the NetXMS to forward the incoming traps. Anyway, many thanks Victor for the reply