netxms hangs every 7-8 days

Started by vmgracia, September 02, 2013, 09:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmgracia

i have a netxms version 1.2.8 running on dedicated windows server 2003.
works very fine but every 7 or 8 days the core process hangs and stops any netxms activities, also stops the nxmc console response.

no error logged on the log file.

how can i start the troubleshooting?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Please enable crash dumps on the server (see this page for instructions: http://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/UM::Troubleshooting).
When server hangs next time, try to connect to it with nxadm tool and force server crash by entering command raise access. Then send resulting dump to me for analysis.

Best regards,
Victor

vmgracia

thanks a lot for your support

i do......

vmgracia

Hi Victor

here is the dump as you request...

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Are you using nxadm either manually or from some scripts? According to crash dump server crashed hen processing some command from nxadm.

Best regards,
Victor

vmgracia

Hi Victor

I did as you suggested above.

Once the server stopped responding to any nxmc (locally, W7 and android) i used manually the nxadm tool and forced server crash by entering command raise access

Victor Kirhenshtein

Sorry, I forgot that it was intentional crash :)

Victor Kirhenshtein

I probably found the deadlock. I'll fix it in upcoming 1.2.9 release. I have some additional questions though:

1. what database you are using as backend?
2. do you have option EnableMultipleDBConnections set to 1?

Best regards,
Victor

vmgracia

Hi Victor

Thanks very much for this excelent work.

1. sqllite
2. EnableMultipleDBConnections is set to 1

Victor Kirhenshtein

Internal state was a bit strange at first glance, this is why I was asking. But SQLite backend explains it. SQLite driver is different from all other drivers and having multiple db connections has no effect on it because internally all queries done from single thread anyway. Because of that systems with sqlite backend had much more chance to encounter deadlock you encountered.

Best regards,
Victor

vmgracia

I'm thinking to migrate to MySql, does this improve the situation?

Regards

V.G.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Deadlock is already fixed, so if you don't have performance issues with sqlite, you can keep running server on it.

Best regards,
Victor

Sympology

Hi just found this thread, I'm also having issues with this version stopping about once a week. I'm running MySQL as backend, but I'll wait to see if the next version fixes it and give you feedback then.
Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!