Invalid network mask - v 1.2.17

Started by millerpaint, February 12, 2015, 12:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerpaint

Greetings,

We are getting many of these alerts with version 1.2.17:

Invalid network mask 255.255.255.192 on interface "vlan1", should be 255.255.255.0

The /26 (255.255.255.192) is in fact the correct mask for this device; this particular node is a firewall that has VLAN's configured on a trusted port.

-Kevin C.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

most likely you already have (presumably incorrect) subnet object for /24. You can check what's inside and delete subnet object (make sure that nodes inside it bound to at least one container, then they will not be deleted with the subnet), then do configuration poll on a node - it should create correct /26 subnet object.
Also, in 2.0 we do some fixes to subnet creation and binding logic, it will help in such situations.

Best regards,
Victor

millerpaint

Hi Victor,

I think you are correct, there were some /24 subnet objects.  Some of the nodes in those /24 subnets are bound to containers, and some are not.  But any node that is not bound to a container should be re-discovered if I remove the entire subnet, correct?  Assuming of course that my discovery filters are allowing those subnets to be searched.

-Kevin C.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, nodes will be rediscovered - the only problem if you have configured some data collection on them - all collected data will be lost. If this is not the case then you can just delete them with subnets.

Best regards,
Victor