Primary hostname will not resolved to Primary IP Address

Started by d-ray, February 18, 2015, 11:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-ray

Hi,

The netxms server is contacting proxy agents over WAN.
The resolving of the DDNS hostname to IP is OK. When the IP on WAN is changing it will be updated in netxms.
That looks OK

But when the IP is changing from a client after the proxy in the local network it looks that the dns name isn't resolved to a IP.
It looks that the option "ResolveDNSToIPOnStatusPoll" isn't working when using a proxy agent.

Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Possibly problem caused by the fact that even if proxy is used for communications, primary host name resolution happens on server, so if it still resolves to old address on server side then server will continue using old IP.

Best regards,
Victor

d-ray

Victor Kirhenshtein

Not with configuration - but server could be changed to use proxy agent for name resolution. But can you confirm that this is the case (i.e. DNS name of node behind proxy cannot be resolved correctly from server)?

Best regards,
Victor

d-ray

Yes I confirm that the server isn't possible to resolve the Host name from the DNS.
It is the proxy agent that needs to resolve the host name. He is the only one that has access to the local LAN.

The only communication between the LAN with the netxms server in and the LAN with the DHCP agents in is the netxms Proxy agent.
There is no VPN or whatever between the different LAN'S. All the communication is over the netxms proxy (port 4700)

If you need more info let me know. Then I will make a design of the network setup.

d-ray

The network discovery is working well over the proxy connection. (but without dns hostname)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Are you using zones or just set proxy for individual nodes?

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

I've register a change request to use agent for DNS resolution for remote zones: https://dev.raden.solutions/issues/778. Should not be hard to implement.

Best regards,
Victor

d-ray

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on February 25, 2015, 08:29:46 PM
I've register a change request to use agent for DNS resolution for remote zones: https://dev.raden.solutions/issues/778. Should not be hard to implement.

Best regards,
Victor

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Thanks